Keto Egg Cups – Easy egg cups made with ham, veggies and cheese for a quick and healthy breakfast to-go!
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
If you’re feeling a bit like I am after the holidays, I bet you’re looking for some lighter and healthier recipes to kick off the new year.
Whether you’re actually on the Keto diet or just trying to cut out more carbs, it’s always easier to follow when the food tastes good! These Keto Egg Cups are the perfect on-the-go breakfast. I usually prepare them ahead of time and then just warm them quickly in the microwave each morning.
A healthy breakfast ready in less than a minute!
Not only do these egg bites taste delicious, but they are SO easy to make. Ready to whip up a dozen?! Prep the ingredients and let’s get cooking!
HOW TO MAKE KETO EGG CUPS
To make these healthy egg cups, you’ll need:
- Fresh mushrooms
- Green or white onions
- Shredded cheese
- Baby spinach
- Salt & pepper
You’re going to love these grab-and-go egg cups! Start by preheating your oven to 400℉. Then, spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
Crack all 6 eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
Whisk in the milk, melted butter, salt, pepper, baby spinach, mushrooms, onions and shredded cheese.
Now, divide your egg mixture between the 12 muffin cups.
Distribute the diced ham evenly between egg cups, then sprinkle the egg cups with salt and pepper right before you put them into the oven to bake!
Bake them in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through.
KETO EGG CUPS TIPS
- For even easier removal, use muffin tin liners instead of cooking spray. The liners make it easy to grab these breakfast bites and go. You’ll also want to spray the liners to ensure they don’t stick as well.
- Fill each muffin cup about ½ to ⅔ full. The eggs will rise as they cook, so you don’t want to overfill the cups.
- Customize your egg cups. You don’t have to stick to the ingredient list. If you want to add chunks of turkey, do it, or even some jalapenos if you want a spicy kick.
- Allow the egg cups to cool down inside the muffin tin before removing them; otherwise, they will deflate too quickly and potentially collapse.
HOW DO I KNOW WHEN THE EGG CUPS ARE DONE?
Your Keto egg cups should be light and fluffy, but not liquidy. If you aren’t sure if they are done, stick a toothpick or knife in the center of one of your egg cups.
If it comes out clean, it is done, but if there’s still some milkiness on the toothpick or knife, cook them for a few more minutes.
HOW MANY EGG CUPS CAN I EAT PER DAY?
These Keto egg cups are so delicious, you may want to devour the entire muffin tin! The great news is that on the Keto diet, it is recommended to eat 6 whole eggs per day.
Whatever you eat on the Keto diet, just remember that it’s recommended you stop eating 3 hours before bedtime.
WHAT OTHER INGREDIENTS CAN I PUT IN THE EGG CUPS?
You can make these egg cups using a variety of different ingredients. From meats and cheeses to veggies and spices, these Keto eggs are totally customizable.
Here are a few things you can throw in:
- Pepper Jack cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Bell peppers
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Garlic powder
Whatever sounds good to you, throw it in your egg mixture and whisk it up!
HOW DO YOU STORE KETO EGG CUPS?
I like to put my egg cups in a gallon storage bag and just grab them as I need them. The cups can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
When you’re ready to enjoy, just warm them in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute.
If you’d like to freeze them, allow them to cool and then transfer them to a freezer-friendly container or individual freezer bags. You can store them in the freezer for 2-3 months.
They can easily be reheated from frozen in the microwave in 1-2 minutes.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES USING EGGS?
Keto Egg Cups
Easy egg cups made with ham, veggies and cheese for a quick and healthy breakfast to-go!
- Yield: 12 egg cups 1x
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, diced
- 2 white or green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 small handfuls of baby spinach, cut up
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup ham, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crack eggs into large bowl and whisk together.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Divide ingredients between egg cups.
- Distribute ham evenly between egg cups.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through.