Before the end of the summer, I need to share this Lemon Basil Grilled Shrimp with you! I shared it initially on The NY Melrose Family blog and decided to bring it back to my Bitz & Giggles readers while it’s still grilling season! This shrimp is so quick and easy to make and the results are absolutely delicious!
It takes literally minutes to throw the marinade together. Fresh lemon, basil, parsley, garlic. . .this is definitely a “pin-worthy” recipe!
The fresh herbs just seem to stick to the shrimp when you place them onto the grill. Cook time is FAST! Only minutes per side. This is such a great meal to plan during the work week. I put together the marinade in the morning, let the shrimp sit in it all day in the fridge, and when I get home, I skewer them up, and Josh (my hubby) throws them on the grill! You can serve them over a bed of rice or alone. These are even wonderful alone as an appetizer!
I love that I was able to use both parsley and basil from my little herb garden for this recipe! The lemon basil combo is heavenly! In fact, if you like these shrimp, you’ll also need to try my Lemon Basil Pork Chops! SO GOOD! I even included a photo of my beautiful basil plant in that post, so you need to check it out!
The most time-consuming part of this entire recipe is getting the shrimp onto the skewers. Grab a friend or family member and you’ll be done in a flash! These are so tasty, quick and easy, they’re sure to become a summer favorite!
Lemon Basil Grilled Shrimp
Flavorful shrimp marinated in lemon, basil and garlic and grilled to perfection.
- 1 pound of raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- In a bowl, combine the basil, parsley, mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add shrimp and mix well. Allow shrimp to marinate at least an hour or preferably overnight.
- Place shrimp onto soaked wooden skewers and grill for 4-6 minutes per side or until pink.
- Calories: 1098
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 6841
- Fat: 63
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Unsaturated Fat: 50
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 28
- Protein: 107
- Cholesterol: 957