Mint Hot Chocolate – Creamy, homemade cocoa made with white chocolate and a hint of mint. This pretty, festive drink is perfect for over Christmas and St. Patrick’s Day!
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
We’re big hot chocolate fans, and over the years, I’ve shared different variations of hot chocolate: white hot chocolate, rum hot chocolate and even a homemade chocolate that can be made right in the Ninja Foodi!
TODAY, we’re making homemade Mint Hot Chocolate, just in time for St. Patrick’s Day!
WHAT IS MINT HOT CHOCOLATE?
Mint hot chocolate is a unique version of traditional hot chocolate or cocoa. It’s an infusion of chocolate and mint flavor and makes a great celebratory drink for St. Patrick’s Day since it’s dyed green!
HOW TO MAKE MINT HOT CHOCOLATE:
To make this festive drink, you’ll need:
- Heavy whipping cream
- White chocolate chips
- Vanilla extract
- Peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- Andes mints
- Peppermint sticks (optional)
Do you have your ingredients?
Place a large pot on the stove. Pour your heavy whipping cream into the pot and then add the six cups of milk. Continue to cook on medium heat until the mixture is hot but not boiling.
Begin adding your white chocolate chips into the pot. You will need to stir continuously to prevent the chocolate chips from clumping.
After mixing the chocolate until melted, remove your pot from the stove. Then, add the vanilla and peppermint extract and food coloring into the pot. Make sure to mix it well.
Once it is green, you are ready to serve! Pour the cocoa into individual cups.
Add some whipped cream on top and then sprinkle on some chopped Andes mints and/or extra peppermint candy if you’d like.
I think the addition of peppermint would be a nice touch for over the holidays! Doesn’t this look delicious?!
HOW DO YOU STORE LEFTOVER HOT CHOCOLATE?
If you have any leftover mint hot chocolate, you can store it in the refrigerator.
Place the cooled hot chocolate in a bowl, pitcher or even a coffee mug with a lid. Then put plastic wrap over the top to seal the container.
The hot chocolate will keep for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. To enjoy, simply pour into a coffee mug and heat in the microwave.
LOOKING FOR MORE FESTIVE, GREEN GOODIES?!
- Pistachio Pie Bars
- Microwave Lucky Charms Treats
- Easy Grasshopper Pie
- Mint Oreo Pudding Shots (includes alcohol)
- Chocolate Fudge Mint Oreo Bars
- Green Hawaiian Cocktail (includes alcohol)
- Thin Mint Brownie Parfait
- Grasshopper Ice Cream Drink (includes alcohol)
Mint Hot Chocolate
Creamy, homemade cocoa made with white chocolate and a hint of mint. This pretty, festive drink is perfect for over Christmas and St. Patrick’s Day!
- In a large pot, add heavy whipping cream and milk.
- Heat over medium heat until it gets hot but not boiling.
- Add in white chocolate chips and stir the entire time.
- Remove from heat once chips are completely melted.
- Add in vanilla and peppermint extract and a few drops of green food coloring.
- Serve immediately in mugs with whipped cream and chopped Andes mints.
- Garnish with a peppermint stick and some additional crushed peppermint candy if you’d like.